Oil Gas 3PE Pipeline Girth Welding Coating Heat Shrink Sleeve
PE heat shrinkable tape (sleeve) is composed of cross-linked polyethylene back and special heat melt adhesive. Heat melt adhesive has good bonding with PE back, steel pipe and Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE layer). By heating PE back shrinks, adhesive layer melts, and closely wraps around pipe joints, then it forms together with FBE a firm and continuous anti-corrosion body. It is resistant to corrosion, wear, impact, UV and aging, easier to be operated.
It is mainly used for wrapping around pipe, anti-corrosion of kinds of pipe joints, and repairing pipes.
For example: Oil and gas pipe, PU insulation pipe, 3PE/2PE steel pipe.
TEST PROCEDURE AND TEST RESULT
1. Clean the steel pipe and heat it by fire till over 80 ℃
2. Paint the steel pipe with Primer (mixed with A&B)
3. Fire heat the heat shrink sleeve, be attention to start heating from middle of the sleeve, but act from up and down, and gradually move from middle to two sides of sleeve, in order to drive air out of the sleeve, after finish heating, the good result is that there is about 1-2mm hot adhesive melt at the edge of sleeve.
1. Test result after cooling about 40 minutes.
Peel strength to primer is over 100N per 2cm(till the end of the spring balance). at 30.7℃
2. Test result after cooling about 24hours.
Peel strength to primer is over 172N per 2cm at room temperature about 30.7℃
3. 2. Test result after cooling about 24hours.
Peel strength to primer is over 9.2kg/90N per 1cm at room temperature about 30.7℃